Cash - Check - Visa - Mastercard - Discover
17% buyer's premium
22% buyer's premium for LIVE AUCTIONEERS and INVALUABLE/AUCTION ZIP online purchases
First time buyers must establish credit prior to auction to pay by check.
Local sales tax: NYS Sales Tax 8%
Conditions of Sale
1. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve. This reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor & COPAKE AUCTION below which the lot will not be sold. In any event when a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid not adequate to the value of the lot.
2. All items are sold "as is" and neither the auctioneer nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind with respect to the items, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness of the catalogue or other description of the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, medium, provenance, period, source, origin or historical relevance of the items and no statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a warranty or representation. Prospective bidders should inspect the merchandise thoroughly before bidding to determine its condition, size and whether or not it has been repaired or restored. All sales are final & refunds will not be given.
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any merchandise before the sale and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
4. The auctioneer will be the final judge as to who is the successful bidder. In the event of any dispute the auctioneer shall at his discretion decide to reopen the bidding or not.
5. As a service to our customers the COPAKE AUCTION will execute absentee bids if so authorized in writing. Absentee bids should be made on the Bidder Form available in the office. This form should be clearly and completely filled out. All absentee bids will be executed competitively during the sale. Items will be purchased for the lowest price possible regardless of the amount of the order bid. Where two absentee bidders bid the same amount the first received will be honored. This service is offered as a convenience and COPAKE AUCTION will not be responsible for any errors or failures to properly execute the bids.
6. On the fall of the auctioneers hammer, ownership to the offered lot will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, and as such the bidder assumes full risk and responsibility and will pay the full purchase price of the item (s).
7. All items are subject to a 17% buyer's premium or a 22% buyer's premium for LIVE AUCTIONEERS and INVALUABLE/AUCTION ZIP online purchases which will be added to the successful bid price and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price.
8. All items are subject to an 8% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a sales tax exemption number.
9. All accounts are to be settled by the end of the sale. We do not accept checks from first time buyers unless accompanied with a bank letter of credit or previous approval from the auctioneer. Payment may be made by cash, Checks, MasterCard, Discover Card or Visa.
10. Successful bidders are responsible for the removal of their property, or for making their own shipping arrangements. Copake Auction will release items to the UPS Store for shipping if directed to do so (they charge a $5.00 pick up fee). We recommend inquiring about estimated shipping costs before bidding on items. All shipping and any other related shipping expenses are the responsibility of the buyer and must be paid for in advance of shipping. Purchased items will be stored at a Copake Auction facility free of charge for 30 days after the auction, however, COPAKE AUCTION shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises after it has been sold. On the 31st day after the sale, items will be moved to an offsite facility at which time they will begin to acrue transportation, handling, administrative and storage fees.
11. The COPAKE AUCTION may at its discretion and at purchaser's request package and ship items as directed by the purchaser. In such event, purchaser agrees that all such packaging, handling and shipping is at the sole risk of the purchaser and that COPAKE AUCTION shall have no liability for any loss or damage to items. Purchaser shall pay in advance all packaging expenses including labor, materials, postage and carrier fees and all insurance charges.
12. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the Auction Gallery.