Cash - Traveler’s Checks - Visa - MasterCard - Discover
15% Buyers Premium, 18% for Live Auctioneers online purchases.
First time buyers must establish credit prior to auction to pay by check.
Local sales tax: NYS Sales Tax 8%
Conditions of Sale
1. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve. This reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor & COPAKE AUCTION below which the lot will not be sold. In any event when a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid not adequate to the value of the lot.
2. All items are sold "as is" and neither the auctioneer nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind with respect to the items, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness of the catalogue or other description of the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, medium, provenance, period, source, origin or historical relevance of the items and no statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a warranty or representation. Prospective bidders should inspect the merchandise thoroughly before bidding to determine its condition, size and whether or not it has been repaired or restored. All sales are final & refunds will not be given.
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any merchandise before the sale and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
4. The auctioneer will be the final judge as to who is the successful bidder. In the event of any dispute the auctioneer shall at his discretion decide to reopen the bidding or not.
5. As a service to our customers the COPAKE AUCTION will execute absentee bids if so authorized in writing. Absentee bids should be made on the Bidder Form available in the office. This form should be clearly and completely filled out. All absentee bids will be executed competitively during the sale. Items will be purchased for the lowest price possible regardless of the amount of the order bid. Where two absentee bidders bid the same amount the first received will be honored. This service is offered as a convenience and COPAKE AUCTION will not be responsible for any errors or failures to properly execute the bids.
6. On the fall of the auctioneers hammer, ownership to the offered lot will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, and as such the bidder assumes full risk and responsibility and will pay the full purchase price of the item (s).
7. All items are subject to a 15% buyers premium, 18% for Live Auctioneers online purchases, which will be added to the successful bid price and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price.
8. All items are subject to an 8% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a sales tax exemption number.
9. All accounts are to be settled by the end of the sale. We do not accept checks from first time buyers unless accompanied with a bank letter of credit or previous approval from the auctioneer. Payment may also be made by cash, Travelers Checks, MasterCard or Visa.
10. All property must be removed from the premises by 10:00 am on the following day after the sale unless other arrangements have been made with the auctioneer. If items are not removed 14 days after the date of sale a storage fee of one dollar per day will be charged to the purchaser of said item (s). In addition items not removed from the premises eight weeks after date of sale will be resold at auction. The COPAKE AUCTION shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises.
11. The COPAKE AUCTION may at its discretion and at purchaser's request package and ship items as directed by the purchaser. In such event, purchaser agrees that all such packaging, handling and shipping is at the sole risk of the purchaser and that COPAKE AUCTION shall have no liability for any loss or damage to items. Purchaser shall pay in advance all packaging expenses including labor, materials, postage and carrier fees and all insurance charges.
12. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the Auction Gallery.